The Techforce in India is ever growing and the past few years have seen a humongous rise in the number of people joining in AI or mobile and web development. Google has realized the need to create skill in the upcoming workforce and thus had announced ‘Developer Students Club’ summit (DSC) in Goa this year in February. This Club is now going global, at Indonesia and Africa
The Aim of this summit is to create programs that will make it easy for students and developers to gain the skills they need to be successful in the changing technology landscape.The DSC summit announced, is in line with Google’s larger program of training two million developers in India.
We spoke to one of the Leads of the developer student Club – Akshay Nandwana. to know more about his experience and details about the same.
“There were Five students from our college who applied for it, and two of us successfully made it to the telephonic interview round thereafter, I got selected as a Developer Student Club Lead.”
Role of a Developer: Student Club Lead
- As a DSC Lead, my work is to give training on Android Application Development to beginners and help them to enhance their skills.
- We also have a task of Local Businesses, where we have to find pain points in their ongoing business and provide mobile solutions to them.
- Students who are part of this group has to find the problems in local business and come up with a solution which can help them to grow their business.
Who can join the Club?
- Developer Student Clubs (DSC) is a Google Developers program for university students to learn mobile and web development skills. The clubs will be open to any student, ranging from novice developers who are just starting, to advanced developers who want to further their skills. The clubs are intended as a space for students to try out new ideas and collaborate to solve mobile and web development problems.
The first few lessons:
- As a Lead we teach basic first, what is Android studio, installation etc.
- Prerequisites oops and Java.
- Helping in developing their first Android Application and help them to get an internship, freelance projects, jobs etc.